Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
TopicPostedReplies
 100days ago25 Replies
 123days ago1 Replies
 182days ago13 Replies
 197days ago1 Replies
 201days ago0 Replies

Google Calendar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rangers of the Black Watch Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ruudwulf Shattershield

re: Voice chat server

Hail, Rangers!

I finally made a decision concerning an out-of-game voice chat server. It has great advantages over the in-game one, which I'm not going to go over, they seem pretty obvious.

It's called Discord, and you can find it here. You can download the software or use it from your browser. It's pretty unobtrusive GPU-wise, thereby not causing lag.

This link contains an invitation to the specific chat server I set up, perhaps easier to follow. It doesn't expire, and there is no limit to how many times you use it.

You need to create an ID, but it's very user-friendly.

Should you need help, just reply to this thread :)

Speak soon!

Alc

Cal'ciel
Ranger

re: Discord Voice Chat

Ruudy,

I have to say I am digging the new voice chat service and I hope others will check it out.  For big Kin todos it is going to be nice!

Thanks for finding it for us.

Cal'ciel

Ruudwulf Shattershield

Hey all,

I have sent the Discord guys some feedback, because it seems that on initial launch Discord can generate a lot of lag. If this happens to you, make sure to quit the chat server and log back in, it should fix the issue. It can also come back up, so please do the same thing (quit/relog). I suspect some cache issue is at work.

Also, I was told the overlay (the possibility to read text messages and see who logged on etc. while being in game and not have to alt-tab to the window) didn't work yet for LOTRO. A little patience and feedback is necessary.

Please share your feedback/comments here so we can help the devs make it better!

Take care,

Ruudy/Alc

Hrotak
Steward

Tried this out last night - big fan so far! Thanks for setting this up Ruudy. It'll definitely be a more workable option for folks who couldn't run TS/the like while in-game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rangers of the Black Watch Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Membership