Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
TopicPostedReplies
 103days ago25 Replies
 126days ago1 Replies
 186days ago13 Replies
 201days ago1 Replies
 204days ago0 Replies

Google Calendar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rangers of the Black Watch Forum Index -> Minstrel
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ruudwulf Shattershield

re: Minstrel Convention

Hail, Rangers!

As per our Minstrel convention, which felt more like a symposium considering how great the experts we had were, here are the key notes, which aim is actually twofold: many minstrels have voiced their wish to have a dedicated space to speak about all things mini. Here is the beginning of the thread which I hope many will find useful and practical (along with the other post in the Minstrel section of the forums). Additionally, any aspiring or forgetful Minstrel will be able to refer to this page. Without further ado...

•  Critical rating is of utmost importance, because in blue line critical heals speed up your skills induction time (the trait is called Follow Up). The higher your rating is, the more crit heals you'll have, the faster you'll heal, the more you'll heal, the less people will die...QED :P
  • Critical rating sources are manifold, but it's always better to use your LI's relics to get it (True Gem of the Wizard's Vale, lvl 75 Great River / True Setting of the North, lvl 80 Eastemnet <== this one is especially good for the max morale increase, the critical and the incoming healing rating). All in all, 4 relics of these kinds will give you: 660 morale, 5310 crit rating (with +60 Fate), 3232 inc heal rating. Don't forget the crafted relics which also give nice crit rating. Alternatively, you can select Legendary Titles and of course, don't forget to slot essences if need be. A base minimal rating would be 14,000 (cap at 17,685).
  • Cutting animations helps a great deal too, because it speeds up the healing process. Bolster Courage, for example, has a long animation (with every instrument) after you have executed the skill. Don't confuse induction time (the time it takes to execute the skill) with animation time (the movements your character actually does, which are "cosmectic"). You can cut animations with several "Immediate" skills (read the tooltips ^^). I cut the Bolster Courage or Inspire Fellows animation with Cry of the Chorus, Chord of Salvation or even Gift of the Hammerhand (bubble), it all depends on cooldowns and the situation.
  • Quick aside: cutting animations is helpful on every class..again, read the tooltips.
  • Before heading into a long instance, you can regroup the fellowship in an area where mounted combat is allowed (Aldburg is convenient because it is easily accessible from South Bree's stables), and boost everyone with a nice +10 incoming/outgoing healing buff which lasts 20 minutes by using the skill Tale of Eorl. At least for the next twenty minutes you'll be able to heal and be healed for more...like I say, every little helps.
  • In yellow line, it's also interesting to buff the group. You can shoot up to 6 Anthems of War when out of combat, but in combat up to 4 Anthems (with the legacy traited on your songbook, it's a whopping +15% damage +25,200 mastery you're giving to the fellowship...some sort of Oathbreakers for Minis). First, you need to be traited properly. Here is an example (there are others) of trait-line shared by my friend Bolliwollie from Roxxi Manor. Then, I'll direct you to Wade's post on this topic specifically, available on the forum here.
  • My personal trait line in blue is this one. Be cautious as this site didn't update the number of class trait points available (still stuck at update 17...so 79 points), but you should be able to build something decent in any case.

I 'm sure I have forgotten some of the things which have been said...but what should I care, this is the start of a great thread!

Thanks to all who joined the convention, to all who've read this far and to all who will contribute, one way or another, to this discussion!

Your faithful servant, Ruudwulf

Last edited by Ruudwulf Shattershield on Nov. 10th, 2016 5:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Annyia
Ranger

Minstrel Convention? Upcoming Captain Convention? Oohhh, I'm missing so much, and have so much catching up to do! *sigh*

Ruudy, I always enjoy reading your posts. You are always so thorough and eloquent. I only have time to skim them right now, but look forward to taking some time to read, and reread them. Thank you for taking the time to write this, and the Captain write up!

Fio!!!!!!!!

Why don't you come in-game so we help you catch up...we're missing you too :)

Always nice to hear from you, and I hope you're having loads of fun!

/hugs

Ruudy :)

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rangers of the Black Watch Forum Index -> Minstrel All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: