Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
TopicPostedReplies
 103days ago25 Replies
 126days ago1 Replies
 185days ago13 Replies
 201days ago1 Replies
 204days ago0 Replies

Google Calendar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rangers of the Black Watch Forum Index -> Our Kin Band
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kurli Strongshield
Steward

re: new walkthrough for Music system

Hail Kinnies and music enthusiasts! This guide will walk you through the steps needed to get set up to play music in-game. Please pay careful attention to these directions. Spelling and placement of folders is very important... For now, make sure you are NOT logged into game.

First, let's get comfortable navigating to your "The Lord of the Rings Online" (LotRO) folder. I am using Windows 8, but most directories should be very similar. 

Open your DOCUMENTS folder. Inside, you should find your LotRO folder... open it.

You will see a folder in there called PluginData < DO NOT touch this folder during any of this process!!!

We're going to create 2 new folders inside LotRO... you can do that now... create new folder called> Music; create new folder called> Plugins (notice Plugins is plural) To be clear, both new folders should be inside LotRO folder... don't place Plugins folder inside Music folder and don't place Music folder inside Plugins folder.

The Music folder is where all of your ABC files will be stored. You can place other folders inside your Music folders to make navigating your song library a little easier in-game... we'll discuss this later when its time to load your Music folder with songs. 

If you use other plugins in the game, you should already have a plugins folder in place... Don't create another one... this is where we will place the Songbook plugin. 

Let's grab the Songbook plugin now. Navigate your internet browser to > https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OSNIXdNj-htzDpFSJeuz2MDjgSDOfMwGA6S0GWXJksI/edit

Feel free to read all the info contained on this site... but not necessary if you follow along closely.

Next, scroll down until you see> INSTALLATION < find the link to SongbookBB v0.94

Click that link to download the zipped plugin to your downloads folder. You may receive virus alerts but everything from this site can be trusted.

Now, unzip songbookbb-v0.94 and make sure it is placed inside that Plugins folder you created earlier. It will display as ChiranBB. (no need to do anything else with this plugin... just make sure it is inside Plugins folder.

On the same page where you downloaded SongbookBB... look a little futher down and find the links to download > Songbooker and Songbrowser. These are both stand alone apps that you can store anywhere. I suggest keeping these in Documents folder, but DO NOT place them in LotRO folder or Plugins folder. (same deal as before, you will probably receive a virus alert... but they are proven to be safe downloads)

Songbooker is the app used to build your song library. Anytime you add songs to your Music folder, you will need to run this app again. Don't concern yourself with Songbrowser at all, that is more for band leaders and transcribers of ABC files. We'll return to Songbooker, but first we need to get you some songs to add to your library.

I have created a site where all of our Band's music can be found and downloaded. 

http://home.comcast.net/~dragonarse/site/?/home/

go there now and download each of the zipped folders (they are listed as 01 for solo, 02 for duets, 03 for trios, etc. etc.... 06, 07, 08 and 12 are currently not available as I am still working on those)

Unzip each song FOLDER and drag them into the Music folder you created earlier (inside LotRO folder) Leave the songs in their respective folders> 01, 02, 03 etc. So, if you open Documents> LotRO> Music... you will now see the new folders. Good job so far!

Now lets build your song library. Find the Songbooker app (and keep it handy because you will be using it over and over again in the future). Double-click Songbooker to get stated. A window will pop open and at top left you should see your LotRO account names. If you have multiple accounts, you will need to run the app for each account. Go ahead and select an acc't name now. To the right, you'll see Lotro-path and ABC files path... mine look EXACTLY like this> Documents/The Lord of the Rings Online (for LotRO-path) AND >Documents/The Lord of the Rings Online/music. (I'm not positive, but I believe these paths are inserted automatically after you log into game) Make sure the little box is checked for "Write filter tags".

Now, with the account name selected, SINGLE-click the Run button at bottom left of window. The first time might take a minute or two, but afterwards this app runs super fast and can rebuild your library in a matter of seconds. Let the app run all the way to completion> it will say "Read Xnumber song files. Songbook data file created (10.89 seconds) < once you see that at the end of text, you'll know it is safe to close the Songbooker app and log into game.

So, go ahead and log into the game and see if we can get Songbook interface to show up. 

Please note that the Songbook window does not always show the first time you load the new plugin. To fix that, type “/songbookbb show” (without quote marks) into chat window... If we did everything correctly, a new window should pop up. This is your new Songbook Interface. At this point, we'll need to meet in-game and continue our tutorial to learn how to use all the features. Mainly, I need you to verify that your library is built and listed in the Songbook interface. (you should see those folders you dragged into your Music folder earlier)

You will need to adjust settings of Songbook interface to see song parts, add instruments to bottom of window, display an on/off Songbook icon... we'll go over all that once we meet in-game. I try to train all our Band members with these steps but any current band member can do this if I'm not available.

One other thing you can do ahead of time... When you are in-game, go to the little up arrow on bottom left of quickslots bar. Roll up to System> and over to Plugin Manager... Select Songbook plugin and then set option to show on a specific character OR all characters. That way, the plugin will load and display automatically instead of needing to type the command line each time. Don't panic if things aren't working properly... help is on the way. I have an extensive trouble-shooting list that usually fixes any problems.

Congratulations, you are one step closer to becoming our next band member.

re: new walkthrough for Music system

Most excellent! Thank you, Randy!!

re: update

The FM music site has been updated to include folders 01 through 12.

Please keep the link private within our kinship.

http://home.comcast.net/~dragonarse/site/?/home/

the FM site is closing down due to Comcast/Xfinity shutting down all of its personal web storage sites.

So, I am opening up my Google DRIVE page to Band members for music storage. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B5PrjDP5B6RENTNva3JfSmhENVU

once again, please keep this link private among the Rangers of the Black Watch and FMers 

re: using google DRIVE site

My google DRIVE site can be found here>  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B5PrjDP5B6RENTNva3JfSmhENVU

if you have the link, you should be able to access ALL the zipped music folders by Right-clicking the zip file and rolling cursor to Download.

Please let me know if you have any problems with downloading music folders... I can always send the files via email.

NOTE: the zipped folder> "FM" < contains ALL the other zipped folders you see on the site, including 1-12, Beatlemania and Walthius. However, you should also see another folder within "FM" called "Additions"; this is where I will place our TEST folders... currently there is only one folder showing in "Additions"> Pink Floyd.zip

Jump to: